The planning proposal seeks to alter the development controls for certain land at Oran Park Town Centre by amending the State Environmental Planning Policy (Sydney Region Growth Centres) 2006 (Growth Centres SEPP), as follows:
• realign the boundary of the B2 Local Centre and R3 Medium Density Residential zoned land on the western edge of the Oran Park Town Centre;
• apply a maximum building height of 24m for the rezoned B2 land and 9.5m for the rezoned R3 land (but 16m for residential flat buildings);
• increase the maximum building height of the landmark building site in the centre of the Oran Park Town Centre (i.e. part of Lot 3 DP 270899) from 24m (X storeys) to 47m (thirteen storeys);
• remove the application of a minimum lot size for the rezoned B2 land and apply a minimum lot size of 125m2 to the rezoned R3 land;
• identify part of the rezoned B2 land as the “Oran Park Town Centre - D” on the Special Areas map and remove the identification of the rezoned R3 land from the town centre application.
The proposal seeks to rationalise the western boundary of the Oran Park Town Centre, which is zoned B2, to be consistent with current cadastral boundaries.
It will also enable the development of a landmark residential flat building providing approximately 56 additional dwellings at the corner of Main Street and Central Avenue. The proposed residential flat building will become a focal point of the Town Centre, marking the confluence of leisure, civic, employment and residential activities.