The planning proposal (Attachment A2) seeks to amend the development controls for land within the commercial core and the surrounding high-density residential land in the Ingleburn Town Centre by amending the Campbelltown Local Environmental Plan (LEP) 2015, as follows:
• rezoning certain land in the precinct to R4 High Density Residential and RE1 Public Recreation;
• increasing the maximum building height for the precinct to 26m (i.e. eight storeys);
• applying a minimum qualifying site area of 1,200m2 for mixed use development/shop top housing and 2,000m2 for residential apartment buildings for certain land within the precinct;
• applying a floor space ratio (FSR) of 2.7:1 for residential apartment buildings within the R4 zone, and for mixed-use buildings an FSR of 1.7:1 for the commercial component and an FSR of 2:1 for the residential component;
• inserting a new clause to address flooding issues (pending the recommendation of further flood investigations);
• inserting a new incentives clause to encourage quality design outcomes for high standard living for occupants and sustainability (pending the outcome of further urban design analysis to formulate appropriate development standards in relation to FSR and qualifying site area and block depths); and
• applying the local design excellence clause to certain sites in the Ingleburn Town Centre to facilitate the development of iconic buildings.
The proposal would facilitate the provision of 3,240 additional dwellings and 1,120 new jobs within the Ingleburn Town Centre. It is also noted that the precinct is located within the Ingleburn Precinct in the Glenfield to Macarthur Urban Renewal Corridor.